Status Update April / May ’19 | Comparison between Eternal Escape and other turn-based tactical games
is a story-driven tactical game set in a sci-fi theme with a strong focus on turned based combat. While staying loyal to the core elements of the genre, we decided to introduce new gameplay features as well as elements from other genres, making Eternal Escape a unique experience.
- Strong focus on exploration and turn-based tactical combat
- Deep and complex combat-system, easy to learn but hard to master
- Test and experiment before actually executing the choices you made - a unique feature and key element of our gameplay.
- Detailed and comprehensible feedback during combat
- High replayability: different strategies to approach a mission
- Four main classes with different weapons and unique skills and several lead characters having their own set of skills
- Make use of the environment for your own tactical advantage: destroy walls, climb hills for better view, unlock shortcuts, hide and attack behind covers.
- Huge space station with a wide diversity of settings, like prison facility, research labs, biospheres and also planetary surfaces
- Areas might change over the course of the game and could be revisited to unlock secrets and optional missions.
- Story-driven: Each team members has his own background-story and motivation.
- Faction system: Different factions are in war with each other - choose your allies carefully.
While definitely a tactical game at its core, we like to add new innovative elements as well as elements from other genres. For instance we decided to go for a free adjustable third person camera instead of the usual isometric view, the introduction of role-play elements, like individual attributes, skills and classes. Moreover you have the ability to test and plan every action before executing the choices you make, therefore improving the overall transparency of your action's consequences.The game itself is divided into 3 parts:
- Tactical Missions: Consisting of combat and exploration, both being turn-based. Most of the time you will play missions fighting your adversaries.
- Key Areas: Customize your team in headquarters: assemble and equip your squad, pick and develop your squad skills. Other key areas involve trading, recruiting or story-development.
- Scenario Map: Choose between several missions, defeat random encounters while traveling and visit different key areas.
Dirk EckertGame Design & Lead Programmer
"If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem"
Jörn FriedrichsLead 3D-Artist
"3D-Art is sculpture with more science fiction"
Julia GoerkeLead Concept Artist
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
Bastian HagegeLead Social Media & PR
"He who speaks without an attentive ear is mute”
"When it's done"
Alexander ScholzGame Design & Project Management
"You start coding. I’ll go find out what they want"
Cosima ThiemeConcept Artist
"The smallest feline is a masterpiece"
Marvin WinterConcept & 3D-Artist